The soils are made up of pebbles, red sandstones and brown clay over a limestone and clay subsoil.
The vines are about 50 years old.
The average Chateauneuf du Pape production
rate is between 25 to 30 HL/HA.
Nowadays, the domain is made up of 19 hectares of Chateauneuf du Pape vineyards, 6 hectares of Côtes du Rhone and one hectare for table wine.
Our production of Chateauneuf du Pape is based on 13 authorized cepages of which the main one are:
For Red Chateauneuf du Pape:
- Grenache: Main cepage for Chateauneuf du Pape which helps obtain a heady full-bodied wine (cellar wine).
- Mourvèdre: This cepage turns into a well structured colorful and tannic wine, which could be rough in the early stages then solid for many years.
- Syrah: This one gives an intensely colorful wine: aromatic,fine and complex; robust with low acidity, it will age nicely.
- Cinsault is fruity, subtle and nicely fragrant.
For White Chateauneuf du Pape:
- White grenache gives a heady wine developping narcissus aromas.
- Bourboulenc brings flowery and citric notes
- Clairette adds a touch of freshness.
As for Côtes du Rhone, they are also produced in our vineyards in Courthézon (les bédines Domain) and in Sérignan du Comtat (Les Escateyrades Domain). The soils are sandy and gravelly. The Carignan cepages bring the full-bodied and powerful side.